We promote British Values at Weston Shore Infant School. These values are:
- The rule of law
- Individual liberty
- Mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.
Actively promoting these values means challenging opinions or behaviours in school that are contrary to fundamental British Values.
At Weston Shore Infant School we will:
- Enable pupils to develop their self-knowledge, self-esteem and self-confidence
- Enable pupils to distinguish right from wrong and to respect the civil and criminal law of England
- Encourage pupils to accept responsibility for their behaviour, show initiative, and to understand how they can contribute positively to the lives of those living and working in the locality of the school and to society more widely
- Enable pupils to acquire a broad general knowledge of and respect for public institutions and services in England
- Promote further tolerance and harmony between different cultural traditions by enabling pupils to acquire an appreciation of and respect for their own and other cultures
- Encourage respect for other people
- Encourage respect for democracy and support for participation in the democratic processes, including respect for the basis on which the law is made and applied in England.